Sunday, October 09, 2005

154 lbs

This weekend, after I decided to stop whining so much, I finally hit 154 lbs. That probably means something and I should think about it seriously. I won't, but I probably should think about it. I know logically when I relax and do not fuss about things, they tend to happen more easily. However, that is not my nature, I am a worrier, and on some level very much a Type A personality. Most of the time it works to my favor, some of the time I become so wrapped up in minutia that I can't see the larger picture around me. So, I see that I am 155 lbs and only losing tiny amounts if at all, and I forget the 87 lbs that I have lost over the last two years. I see the extra bit of rice I ate at lunch, and miss the fact I haven't had a candy bar in over a year. I have to learn how to stop beating myself up about the small things, without losing my grip on the big things. I have to learn how to balance my life. As I say so often here, I am not there yet, but I am trying everyday to find the balance. This morning I upped the second half of my run to 6.4 mph, according to the treadmill that is a 9:22 mile pace. All I can tell you is that it was very tiring which was probably a good thing, add that to the eliptical and I was exhausted at the end. I had to run an early morning errand today, but tomorrow I am going to add on 15 minutes at the gym and then next week go up to an extra 30 minutes everyday. Maybe it will make a huge difference, maybe it will not, we shall see what happens over the next few weeks.

No comments: