Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Under the weather

I am begining to get a sore throat, this is generally a very good indication that I am going to get a cold. I cannot afford to have a cold right now, frankly my office cannot afford for me to be sick either. On the plus side, running was easy this morning, all at 6.5 mph. My gym put on pretty decent music this morning and I think that may have helped me run, but I also know it is because I am increasing my fitness level everyday. However, that is not preventing the onset of this cold and sore throat which added to the stomach cramps I am having today is making it difficult to concentrate. I have to work this weekend which means I will not get much of a rest if I do become sick. I think if I was getting a little more sleep every night that would help, especially since I have been running on about 6 hours every night this week. I have always needed about nine hour of sleep to be really functional and alert during the day. Obviously that is not happening this week. I have been compensating by drinking entirely too much coffee and not enough water, which is bad. Anyway, one more workout day and it will be the weekend which is a good thing.

No comments: