Monday, October 24, 2005

Finally

Last night, I was at work until 8 pm. This means I did not lift weights when I got home, however I had lifted weights yesterday morning. I also ate dinner at about 8:30 last night and it was not exactly a small meal (pasta with tomato sauce and chicken). This is all by way of saying that when I hopped on the scale this morning at 4:30 am, I weighed in at 154 lbs again. Apparently over the last couple of weeks I was retaining about 4 lbs of water or something. Needless to say, I feel rather vindicated as a result of this discovery. I will probably make up my weight workout tonight after work and then I will be right back on track. I am feeling rather swish today, I am wearing my 20 dollar Ross Chinese jacket (size 10), a boring black shirt, a pair of gray slacks (size 10 Petite), and a pair of bright red shoes. I find it is a lot easier to look pulled together for not very much money at this weight. You can always find a size 10 on the rack but not a size 18. Probably because more people need a size 18, and if there is something attractive in a size 18 it disappears immediately. So, today I look snazzy thanks to the workouts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear that. I had to go shopping for a snazzy presentation outfit last night and it was a real downer. I've never liked shopping and trying on clothes, but at size 16, things just don't look as acceptable on me as they did at size 10. I don't remember being devastated when I looked in the mirror.

I'm going for size 8 because that size is even easier to find on the racks!

Kat said...

I can't say that I am at the point yet where I can even imagine being a size 8 (although size 10 is awfully close). Single digit numbers will be nice when they eventually arrive although it will probably be bad for my finances.