Thursday, January 12, 2006

Exercising in spite of myself

Last night, as I was leaving work, I decided that I was not going to the gym. Normally I buy a bottle of water from the vending machine at work if I am going the gym in the evening but I didn't yesterday because I was not going to the gym. However, on the way home, I passed the parking lot for my gym and for some reason turned into the parking lot. I was silently arguing with myself the whole way up the stairs into the actual gym. I made a deal with myself that I would just workout for a little while and then I would go home. So, I lifted a few weights and then worked out on the eliptical machine for 35 minutes. I figure that next week I will try and take a class on Thursday night and a class on Tuesday nights since I don't end up at the gym most wednesday nights. As for today, I took my morning spinning class, lifted weights, and used an eliptical machine for about 20 minutes. Then I went out for lunch and ate ridiculous amounts of thai food. I think that may work against the fact I managed to hit 153 lbs this morning on the scale. I figure it will all balance out provided that I eat a light dinner and watch my food this weekend.

No comments: