Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Joys of Spinning

It may possibly be a bad sign when you walk into the local coffee shop and hand them money and they automatically make the drink you want without any words being exchanged. Yep, I have pretty much been getting a large latte every day for quite a while now. However, I have just decided that I can afford the approximately 220 calories everyday if I am careful with everything else that I eat. I went to spinning class this morning and it kicked my rear which was a good thing. There were only 5 people in class and the instructor took that as an opportunity to really crank up the difficulty and resistence. I was basically a puddle of sweat at the end and then I staggered off to lift a few weights. I am rapidly becoming a spinning convert because it is a full body cardio workout which can be adjusted to your own level of difficulty. Also, it seems to be easier on my body than running which is a good thing, and more mentally challenging.

No comments: