Monday, January 16, 2006

Rant

I am tempted to rant today, tempted because I just got stuck with a trial tomorrow on a case I just picked up last Friday. Sigh. I was planning on taking Friday off but that appears to be out of the question. Anyway, this is not really what I am feeling annoyed about, it is actually more diet related. I get admittedly annoyed when people tell me dietary information as if I have never heard it before in my life. One of my coworkers is now on a diet so we are bringing in lots of fruit and vegetables everyday rather than candy (why this only starts when a new person goes on a diet ignoring the fact that some of us always try to eat like this, I do not know). I mentioned that I could bring in some spiced nuts (really tasty) only to be informed that nuts were high in calories and therefore to be avoided. I know that nuts are high in calories, this is not news to me. However, I also know that nuts are really good for you in moderation, they have good fats and are something that should be included in your diet. I am not suggesting that one should go out and fall face first into a large platter of nuts but that doesn't mean they should be banned either. Anyway, it annoys me because I am very concious of calorie counts and the food that I put in my body. Besides, banning foods annoys me because it leads inevitably to binging on food because you feel deprived and then leads back to really strict restrictions on food. A very nasty cycle that I attempt to avoid in my daily life. Okay, rant over. On another note, I decided to set the background of my computer to a picture of me and my two closest friends from college. This led to the inevitablt discovery that I only have pictures of the three of us from when I weighed 240 lbs. I put it up anyways, hopefully it will be good motivation for me.

No comments: