Sunday, January 29, 2006

I really do know better

Last week ended up being pretty bad in terms of working out and eating. So, I tried to overcompensate on the weekend and did not eat all that much, especially on Sunday. I know better than to not eat a real dinner the night before my spin class, but I ended up only eating cereal and having a small smoothie for dinner. So, this morning, I only made it through 45 minutes of my spin class. Then I called it quits, went to the market and bought a protein bar. I feel much better now that I have eaten, but it means I totally destroyed my workout this morning. I will have to do weights tomorrow morning, make sure I pick up extra cardio at some point this week and generally reorganize my life a bit. On the plus side, I did not actually pass out during the class, and I think people will believe my excuse of having to get to work early. Nope, I refuse to share the real reason behind my early departure. It is a reminder that frustrating as not losing weight can be, the solution cannot involve skipping meals or taking shortcuts. I am working on remembering that this week.

No comments: