Tuesday, January 10, 2006

No Excuses

The problem with working near the gym is that even when you procrastinate and head to your class really late, you still show up exactly on time. So, yesterday even though I did not leave my office until 5:30 pm, I was still on time to my spin class at 5:45 pm. So, I had no excuse for not taking the class. It was a good workout although my hair tie broke and I looked like a headbanger from the early 1980's, masses of hair everywhere. My plan is to also go to the gym tonight but we will see what happens between now and then. In any event, I have now made up for the fact that I missed the gym on Monday morning. I think part of my problem in the afternoons is that my gym gets really crowded with people and it is hard to find parking and free machines. I much prefer the morning when it is quiet and not a lot of people, however just going in the morning is not working for me anymore. Also, I really like the evening spinning class instructor and I am actually better at spinning when I am awake and functioning. So, for now I will keep trying to go in the evening and my gym bag is always packed with an extra set of workout clothes to limit my ability to skip class. In fact, I am accumulating more workout clothes than regular clothes because of the amount of time I am spending at the gym. If I make it three nights this week, I will actually end up spending a total of 8 hours at the gym (an entire workday). Now that is just frightening.

No comments: