Monday, January 23, 2006

Grr

I have no idea what I did to myself yesterday, but I am really sore today. I think it might have been the combination of spinning and then using the stairmaster for 20 minutes, plus a legs workout on weights. Okay, that was probably it, in any event, I am rather sore this morning. This is probably a good think because it means I actually managed to push my body pretty hard yesterday which is something that I have not achieved recently. My plan is to pick up a spinning class tonight at the gym, or at least a little bit of extra cardio. Not mind you that I am seeing a lot of difference on the scale at the moment. I admit, I never realized how hard it was going to be once I hit 150 lbs. I am pretty careful overall about food, with a few admitted glitches, and I work out all the time. Recently, most of my extra food has been fruit and I balance out the day with a lighter dinner most of the time. I figure most days that I eat between 1500 and 1800 calories and during the week I am usually logging around 2 hours of exercise each day. So, I could probably eat around 2,300 calories (give or take) and maintain my weight in the 150's relatively easily. However, to be eating less than that and not lose any weight is frustrating to me. I know that in about 6-9 months I will be moving back to the mainland U.S., at that point I will re-evaluate but for now I am going to stay with this plan. Still, somedays it is hard.

No comments: