Monday, May 17, 2004

42 pounds gone

So, after about 5.5 months of working out I have lost 42 pounds according to the gym scale. The gym scale consistently weighs me 2 lbs heavier than my home scale and I think it is generally more accurate. I haven't lost this much weight in years despite numerous attempts. Here is the thing, it is a really slow process overall and takes a lot of time. It is not like I woke up one day, decided to lose weight, and then magically found myself down 42 lbs. I wish, that would be lovely. Rather I woke up, started working out and eating right and slowly the weight began to come off, some weeks nothing came off and some weeks I lost a lot. I have some things in my favor as well, I'm young, I have my own refridgerator, I work alone so I don't have office lunches or meetings with food, or vending machines to contend with, and I have a boss who is okay with the days I get to work at 9 am rather than 8:30 because I spent some extra time at the gym. Most importantly for me, I don't have a damn thing in my place to binge eat on, no sweets, no bread,no soda, and only lo-cal cheese. This would be harder if I lived with more people or cooked for more than just myself. Still, today I am just going to be grateful for the 42 pound lose and my size 16 jeans and look towards the long slow journey ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brava, Kat.