Friday, May 28, 2004

What I like about exercising

Today was a crappy workout day so I thought I would make a list of what I actually like about working out. 1. The elusive runner high where you feel like you could run forever. 2. The sense that no matter what else goes wrong with the day you have accomplished one thing. 3. Cute workout clothes. 4. Lifting weights makes me feel strong. 5. It gives me time to think and mentally prepare for my day. 6. It relieves stress. 7. I fit into my clothes better when I work out. 8. I sleep better when I work out. 9. It takes away the aches and pains that I sometimes wake up with from having slept wrong. 10. Nothing is better than a hot shower at the end of a hard workout. Okay, I think that is enough reasons. In other news, I shipped all of my boxes this morning and just have a couple of bags left. I did scrape my hand moving boxes but it is better now. I leave town tomorrow for good and I cancelled my gym membership this morning. The nice people at my gym refunded my deposit which was really fabulous and unexpected. I have been looking into yoga clases in my new town and I think I might try that out rather than actually joing a gym there since this probably won't be a permanent housing situation. I do really have to work on my food, it used to be that I ate a lot when I was stressed, now I am eating too little and that is ridiculous. I am going to try and up my calories a bit today now that almost all the really stressful stuff about my move is finished except for the actual traveling. I can't believe I am moving again, if you had told me last Saturday that this Saturday I would be flying home for good I would have laughed at you. Okay, this is a really long entry so I am going to stop now.

No comments: