Thursday, May 13, 2004

The attack of the killer cold

I'm on about my third cold of this year. The type of cold that siddles up on you when you are least expecting it and whomps you over the head making life incredibly unpleasant. Working out is an especially bad idea when you have a cold, that is when you discover that breathing is actually important. I'm a slow learner and this only occurs to me while actually coughing, gasping, and sneezing on the treadmill. However, one thing I have learned over the last 5 months of losing 38 lbs is that I can't miss workouts. No matter how much they suck and I get the sense that dying horribly would be better somedays than this torture, I have to go to the gym. Missing a day for me can be the impetus to miss a lot of days and that would be very bad. So I go, because I'm a freak and in the end it is better this way. So, to anyone I infected at my gym today by sneezing on you, I'm terribly sorry about that but it will probably happen again tomorrow.

No comments: