Thursday, May 20, 2004

Mmm Caesar Salad

I love caesar salad. I mean what is not to like? There is chicken and cheese and really good salad dressing. I don't eat the croutons that sometimes come with the salad. I especially like it because I am getting some actual solid protein during the day in the form of chicken. I am easily pleased by salads for lunch because it is usually just enough food to tide me over to my afternoon snack and early dinner. I don't eat any food after dinner at about 6 pm. I am being forced to rework my snacks a bit, the one I have been eating in the afternoon just isn't enough food (it is only a 35 cal piece of cheese) and so I am going to move the popcorn I usually have as desert after dinner to earlier in the day. I am always reworking my food so that I don't get bored by it or in the mood to binge which has been one of my real problems in the past. Right now is a prime example because I just ate a huge salad but I am bored and inclined to find something else to eat. I am avoiding that by keeping my hands busy and I know that the urge will pass in a few minutes and I will be totally fine. In the end, it is all about developing good coping strategies for dealing with food cravings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brava, Kat.