Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Not freaking perfect

So, I worry that I sound fabulously together in this blog. You know, "Hi, I'm Kat and I'm freaking perfect weight loss girl." I'm not, and since I come from good catholic roots I thought some confession would be good for the soul. When I started working out I was on the slimfast plan with my own modification which was avoid breakfast. Also known as a bad, bad idea. I used to get really dizzy when I worked out because I wasn't eating enough and I was always in a bad mood. Awhile back I came to this realization that I need to be on a plan I could live with for the rest of my life and my diet was not it. So, I altered it, began eating a healthy breakfast and lunch and dinner. The weight loss slowed down (obviously) and I was kind of freaked out and depressed. Then I started feeling good for the first time in years and that was when I figured that I could actually really lose the weight permanently. Since then, I have slipped several times and either missed workouts (less common for me) or overeaten (more common). I had one day at a party where I probably ate 3000 calories and at least 1000 calories were from cheese alone. But it was just one day, and the next day I was careful again and back on program. My workouts haven't been as challenging recently as they should be, but I am working on it. My point is that I am human and I mess up, a lot, but what I am trying to learn is how to recover from those mistakes and failures in resolve in a positive way where I don't back slide and end up eating a lot. The days have gotten easier but I still fight between the healthy and thin person who is trying to come out and the fat girl who thinks sitting on the couch and eating candy would be a much easier and more fun activity. For now the healthy girl is winning and really that is all that I can ask for on a daily basis.

No comments: