Tuesday, May 18, 2004

My program

It occurs to me that I haven't talked about my workout program. My plan is insane but it works for me. My new theory is that the best exercise and weightloss program is the one that works for you. Novel I know, what can I say I am just putting myself out on a limb today. So, this is what works for me. I workout a minimum of 5 days a week and a maximum of 6 for between an hour and a half to two hours a day. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I do about an hour of cardio plus 30 minutes of free weights and an ab workout. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays when I am organized and not sick I do an hour and 30 minutes of cardio to 2 hours of cardio and core fitness moves. I vary the kinds of cardio I do and try and listen to my body which is usually a pretty good indicator of when I am pushing too hard. All week I try and eat healthy, which means no white sugar, white flour and relatively lo-cal. I try and stick to between 1300 and 1600 calories a day it sort of depends on the day. Basically, as long as what I eat is healthy and I don't snack continuously which is my downfall I don't worry about it. So far, this has worked and I think as long as I work this program I will continue to get healthy.

No comments: