Friday, May 14, 2004

Bad days

So, today has been an incredibly bad day at work and I still have a horrible cold. Also I am driving a truck that freaks me out and I am expecting to be heavily rained on during the commute home. Here is the interesting thing though, early on in my weight loss journey I would have reached for food to deal with my issues. Can we all say ice cream and candy together? Not to mention large quanties of soda. Today, I will probably drive 45 minutes home and do an ab and legs workout to make my self feel better. It is like my body is inhabited by some strange healthy alien being. That is not to say that chocolate isn't really tempting right about now, why do you think I'm journaling it helps stop me from eating. However, I have learned how to change my coping mechanisms so I actually workout or do something productive rather than eat. I'm not perfect but I am learning how to live my life without relying on sugar, it is a small step but it is still a step.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brava, Kat.