Monday, May 24, 2004

Shopping Adventures

I went shopping this weekend for the first time in a long time. Now, it is not that I haven't shopped, just that I haven't shopped in stores. At some point I became an internet shopper because you didn't have to look at yourself in dressing room mirrors or try on tons of things that wouldn't fit despite all the nice sales lady's help. Besides, when you can only shop in the three fat girl stores in the mall why bother? So, I didn't for a long time. This weekend I decided I had to go shopping because none of my clothing fit properly anymore. It was a surreal experience, one I can't remember having since I was about 12 years old. I bought clothing in regular stores, and I rejected clothes because I didn't like the shape or cut rather than because they didn't fit on my body. Now, some size 16's are still tight but they will soon fit properly and in the meantime I know what it is like to walk into a regular store and enjoy shopping. I may become addicted to shopping but right now I just feel free for the first time in a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great feeling, isn't it? My favourite clothing when I was overweight was wrap skirts. They'll do you about 3 sizes because they adjust. I still like them but I haven't made or bought one in a long time.