Tuesday, January 04, 2005

As part of organizing my life in the new year, I am trying to get my financial and personal life organized as well. First and foremost was paying off my whopping credit card bill. Now, the great apartment hunt is in full swing with the help of a friend who is a real estate agent. I have one potential place on the horizon which is requiring me to rework some of my finances but I am okay with that necessity. Besides I have friends who are willing to give away free furniture which helps with costs significantly. As my father pointed out sagely a while back, the quality of one's life is an important factor to consider. Right now my father is no doubt falling over in shock at my use of the word sage in connection to his advice, but he will recover shortly. So, I am hoping to get the apartment search resolved within the next couple of weeks and then move on to organizing everything else in my life. In case you were wondering, after an apartment, I will need a car but that is something I will be able to hold off on if the place I am interested in pans out. So, that is what I have managed to do today, along with a fair amount of work and the updating of the information in my checkbook which I now need to balance. Hopefully, I will still get some exercise in tonight and also over the next couple of days (really I know this is a weight loss blog still even if I keep writing about other things). So, I am off now to get organized on some other things at work.

No comments: