Monday, January 31, 2005

The scary bug dance

Last night I had some friends over for dinner (by the way, you know you have good friends when they show up for dinner at an apartment with no furniture, poor lighting and a hard tile floor that they have to sit on for two hours). Anyway, it was rather warm and I opened up the door to my porch, and at some point a large bug made his way inside. I discovered this as I was cleaning up at which point I screamed like a girl and did the little dance around the apartment which can only be referred to as the scary bug dance. You know, the one where you lift up your feet, wave your arms around and hop up and down in the hopes that it will somehow make the ooky bug magically disappear into thin air. Needless to say, it never works and then you have to kill the bug anyway which is the problem with living alone, no one else is around to help. Anyway, I managed to kill the bug and was left wondering an odd question, do men do the scary bug dance? Alternatively, what does it sound like to scream like a boy? I am not sure but there we are, dancing around apartments killing bugs. By the way, I fit in a short walk today and tonight I am going to aikido so I am actually managing to get workouts in which is nice. I am working on the healthy food thing as well, I think tonight I am going to have a big salad and maybe the same thing tomorrow since I have tons of lettuce, onion and roasted red pepper left over from last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

only slightly less known than the scary bug dance is the scary mouse dance. this involves standing on a chair holding a frying pan in a batter's stance screaming until your brother-in-law gets home... at which point it is determined that the man eating rodent is not only not more than 1.5 inches long, but is also hiding under the refridgerator - terrified by the screaming.