Saturday, January 01, 2005

Bruised and battered

Once again on a Sunday morning, I am completely bruised and banged up. I guess running through rivers and crawling up mountainsides on your knees will do that to you. Anyway, it was a pretty decent run yesterday although a little long and a number of us got in after dark. Fortunately, while I may not have been a girl scout, I am pretty well prepared with a flashlight and a camelpack of water on every trail and so the dark was not much of an issue. Plus, you end up with a wealth of good stories about falling over logs and sliding down mountains on your rear. Today, we are off on a boat trip with a number of hash friends to just chill out and relax. I figure it will be three hours of getting a tan and harassing people that I adore more and more the longer I hang out with them. Tonight we play frisbee (although a little bit late because of the boat trip) and then tomorrow it is back to work and the regular grind. I am glad to be through the last holiday weekend and having everything get back to normal life so that I can concentrate on weight loss without as many food temptations around, we will see how it goes over the next few weeks and months.

No comments: