Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Back to 5.5

Today I cranked my speed back up to 5.5 mph. It was not easy for the first 10-15 minutes but the second half of my run was not bad. I am going to have to stay at 5.5 mph for at least another week until my body really adjusts to the speed. I did decline a lunch out with a friend of mine today because I had a feeling that if there was bread within five miles of the restaurant I would inhale it in a heartbeat. So, instead I stayed at my desk and ate my carrots, pear, hummus, roast chicken, and roasted sweet potatoes. I have a yogurt left for the day as my afternoon snack and I ate a banana this morning for my mid-morning snack. I suspect that I will be low on calories today but it is better than inhaling half a loaf of bread for my midday meal. I have learned that sometimes it is better just to stay out of the way of temptation than to try and remain strong while directly facing it. I am also still toying with the idea of a personal trainer, mostly because I am going to try out for community theatre and I am not sure when I will fit in a trainer if I make it into a play. I think I can fit it in, I just am not sure how much I want to juggle right now. Anyway, I will make up my mind in the next few weeks.

No comments: