Monday, January 05, 2009

A running fool

I had the best run this morning, really I did and I know that is a little bit strange. It was easy and I was not breathing all that hard by the time that I was finished. I am back to my standard hour of cardio now since I had to go back to work this morning at 7 am. Tomorrow I am going to try running at 5.5 mph (an 11 minute mile) and seeing how it goes and whether or not I can manage the speed. I was going to wait a week to increase my speed but after this morning run seemed so easy it seems silly to not try running faster. I was in a really good mood as a result when I got into the office this morning which has proved to be amusing because everyone else has been in really bad moods since they came back from vacation. I think that because the hardest part of my day is working out and that is over by 6 a.m. I tend to be in a better mood for the rest of the day. I had a bit of a headache last night and I was worried that I would not feel good this morning but it worked out well in the end. I am once again motivated to be back on a relatively strict regime for the next few months, i.e. no bread and no sugar because it made me really sluggish over the holidays. So, I am back to my healthy eating with a mix of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and protein. I still have a long ways to go but I am happy with where I am right now and how I feel overall.

No comments: