Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pushing through the wall

I do not really feel better today, but then again I do not feel worse. I cannot tell where that leaves me at this point. So, I keep working out and eating all of my usual foods in the hope I will get better quickly. My run this morning was not great, probably because of the cold. I hit a wall at 16 minutes (and yes I know it was exactly 16 minutes) where I suddenly felt like crap. I kept running to see if it would pass and it did eventually but it made the rest of the run rather unpleasant. Really, I think it was all mental and I just had to convince myself to keep running and moving through the workout. This I suspect is the part that trips everyone up in weightloss, the inability to convince one's brain to push through a mental block. I am getting better at it, but it is really hard on days like today.

No comments: