Friday, January 02, 2009

Temple Foods again

I did not sleep well last night, not at all. I woke up at 1:30 because I thought some kind of alarm was going off and after determining that I was mistaken, I had problems falling back to sleep. However, I dragged myself over to the gym as I usually do and ran for 31 minutes anyway. I was still able to run at 5.4 mph but my legs were pretty sore from yesterday's long run. I also did my standard eliptical work and core training. I am considering going to the grocery today just to get my shopping done for next week, but I am not sure I will actually make it there. I have finally cleaned all of the sugar out of my house and next week will be composed of healthy meats and veggies with no bread or pasta on the menu. I am back to what I consider to be my "temple foods". a term I adopted from Nigela Lawson several years ago. Basically, as I have explained in the past, "temple foods" are the cleanest of clean foods to me, vegetables, lean meats, fruits, no processed products, and a very balanced diet. Admittedly, I try to eat this kind of foods anyway but I always try to start the new year by making an extra effort to eat healthy vegetables and proteins. They also have the benefit of allowing me to eat more food overall than I would manage normally because I will not have a lot of calories from bread or pasta. So, either today or tomorrow I will go and shop for those foods at the grocery store and cook everything for next weeks meal plan.

No comments: