Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday Checkin

I had to slow down my running this morning, due the still stiff ankle. However, I really wanted to run (which is odd for me) and thus the slower pace was a good compromise. I am playing it by ear and it really just depends on how I feel every morning. Once I hit about the middle of the run, everything felt just fine. I don't know that I actually like working out as much as I do not function properly during the day if I skip a workout. Working out is a real mood stabilizer for me and one that I need given the stressful nature of my job. Food is unremarkable at this point, I am still eating healthy food and really liking it. I think I have been helped by the fact that I like to cook and I like vegetables which is not true of many people that I know who have weight problems. Besides, the benefit of living alone is that I can make the food on the weekend and just eat the same thing all week and no one complains about the lack of variety. I suspect that would not be true if I had to feed anyone else beyond my cats. Now, if I could just figure out what to cook for next week which is not a soup since I have made a lot of soups recently.

No comments: