Monday, January 19, 2009

Like coming home

So, I will find out some time this week if I made it into the play or not. I am really rusty so who knows how I did in my audition. I can tell you this, it felt like coming home (hence the post title). It felt really good to do something that I love to do and to be free to express that side of myself again. Part of the reason I stopped doing theatre in high school was the teacher and part of it was because I knew I would never get major parts at my weight. This time around it is less about the parts and more about the love of acting and I am more at peace with who I am and what I look like (although I am still working my butt off at losing weight). I will say that one of the things they don't tell you about working out is that it makes you brave. Somehow the fact that I can get up in the morning and run for 30 minutes makes me fearless and willing to try a lot more things. I lost that for awhile over the past couple of years but it is back now with a vengeance. So, on I go and whatever happens with this play, I will be back to audition for the next one as well.

No comments: