Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Weekly Menu

I am finally done with all my prep work for the week. I have roasted off all my chicken thighs for lunch, made a tomato soup, and made sun dried tomato hummus (which is my own variation on my regular roasted red pepper hummus). I am also trying to finish off some left over food ranging from frozen bran muffins to the remains of my peanut butter pumpkin soup. I also made a light rice pudding last night which was made with light coconut milk and light vanilla soy milk rather than full fat milk. I only made four servings which each run about 250 calories but it is very tasty and I will probably make it again some time. I will admit to being a creature of habit in certain ways, I always eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch each week and only dinner really varies on my meal plan. It works for me but I do realize that this would bore other people. However, below is my plan for the week, I guess I was craving tomatoes this week for some reason. Sun Dried Tomato hummus Roasted sweet potatoes Carrots Light Cream of Tomato Soup Peanut Butter Pumpkin Soup Oatmeal with Splenda and Cinnamon Roast Chicken Thighs Pears Bananas Blueberry smoothies Light Yoplait Yogurt Light Bran Muffins Light Coconut and Soy Milk Rice pudding

No comments: