Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Another day, another salad

So, I learned an important thing yesterday. If I don't have protein in my salad at lunch I will instantly be starving. I spent all yesterday afternoon trying not to overeat because my salad didn't have any meat in it. So, today I had a caesar salad with a lot of chicken in it and now I feel fine and not hungry. My legs are still sore and that is messing up my workouts but I walked for an hour and lifted weights which still counts as working out in my world. I am currently wearing a top that I bought when I was a junior in highschool and that is fun. It is a little worse for wear but it does fit properly. Also, I have gotten organized on a bunch of other life fronts which is good and not something I would have done in the past. I am still on the salad for lunch everyday plan and a sensible dinner and that seems to be working pretty well so far. I am hoping by the end of this month to be approaching 190 lbs provided that I can get back to my regular working out schedule once my legs have fully recovered. Also, I am going to start training for a 5K race in the end of september which is exciting, hopefully I can get my older brother and maybe his wife to run it with me since the race is in this area. I already have the ability to run 2 miles so working up to the 5K distance shouldn't be hard and I am excited about it. So life moves along and that is a good thing, now I just need to working on getting my non-workout life in order.

2 comments:

Scuba Angel said...

good luck on the weight loss, i did the same thing about 3 years ago its the worlds hardest thing to do, but once you do it it feels fantastic. xx

Anonymous said...

Right at this moment, two years after your post, I feel very proud of you, Kat.