Thursday, June 03, 2004

Holy Crap, I've never seen that on a scale before

So, out of curiosity I got on the scale today. I usually weigh myself on Friday. Okay, I've been known to weigh myself multiple times a day, but I'm trying to do it one day a week on Fridays. The accurate scale said I weighed 195lbs. The inaccurate scale said I weighed 197 lbs. Either way I'm boggled. I can't remember the last time I saw 195 on a scale. Not to mention today I am wearing a really cute white gap skirt which didn't fit when I got it because it is a proper size 16. This hasn't even been a good workout week, I have been eating a little more than I normally would and I am still losing weight. It boggles the mind frankly, I may actually make it into the high 180's by the end of June. This means that today I am down either 45 or 47 lbs and that is more than I have lost in years. Also, I am noticing that certain habits have just changed over time. I really love cold steak, I used to take a slice out of the fridge and slather it with mayo and then eat it. I realized last night as I was eating cold steak for dinner that I cannot remember the last time I had mayo, it doesn't even occur to me to use it. It is like a weird mental shift occurred at some point where I now think about portion size automatically and how to lower fat and calories in what I eat on a daily basis. Weird. Anyway, the rewards in the rest of my life are so huge that I am okay with giving up things that I used to love to eat. Then you have days where you think, holy crap, that number cannot possibly be accurate and it is a really good thing rather than a shameful reality. Those are the really good days, and I plan for there to be more of them in the future.

No comments: