Thursday, June 17, 2004

Portion Size

My mom and I went and visited my grandparents today. That meant that we went out to lunch at a restaurant. They gave me a salad which was large enough to feed a family of four and which had a ridiculous amount of dressing. Everyone else had a meal that was equally oversized. This is how we got really fat as a country, we have a complete inability to recognize what an actual portion of food should look like on a plate. Anyway, I ate about half the salad because I had a very small breakfast and now I am going to have a very small dinner. Also, I did work out this morning so I should be fine for the day. Still, I remain boggled by the sizes of the portions at this restaurant. Smaller portions, better health, that is my message for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having clients teach themselves what an actual portion size looks like on a plate---that's part of my job as a coach. Some of them are really surprised.