Saturday, June 05, 2004

An evening out

So, the parental units have decided that we should go out to dinner. Okay, let me rephrase that, my mother decided we should go out to dinner tonight. Going out to dinner used to be one of my major hobbies and I loved it. That is not surprising given my weight problems. Now it tends to strike terror into my heart whenever I hear people suggest eating in a restaurant. Why you ask? I can't control the portion size in the same manner I can at home, I'm not cooking the meal so I don't know what is in it, there will be a bread basket on the table and I don't really eat bread anymore. I'm getting better as I continue to lose weight, I can read menus and determine what will not totally break my eating plan and I am learning how to push food away but it is still hard for me. I plan in my mind how the meal is going to go and what I am going to do and then I end up wondering if this is too much effort for one meal. It isn't, I know that logically, one meal turns into two and two into three and then you are on the way to gaining all the weight that has been lost. So, wish me luck and know that I will be trying my hardest to get through this one meal in a way that makes it just one more meal in the rest of my life and not the begining of the end of my healthy lifestyle.

No comments: