Sunday, June 20, 2004

Why I hate cocktail parties

So, yesterday evening I had to go to a cocktail party for a friend of the family. Wow, I had completely forgotten how annoying it was to go to events where I can't eat anything. There was this waiter who kept coming around with appetizer things and sticking them right under my nose which was like a more polite form of Chinese water torture. I mean, after the tenth time that you have said you don't want the food item can't the server get the clue? Apparently not. I was so tempted to start responding honestly with what I really thought, "No, I wouldn't like a shrimp wrapped in bacon because I can literally see the grease dripping off of it and my arteries are hardening just thinking about eating that," or alternatively "I don't eat bread products and if I did I wouldn't eat that because cheese should not look like that after being cooked." Okay, in fairness the food was probably really good, but that was only the first assault, there were m&m's at every table and tons of fortune cookies along with an entire cheese platter. I didn't eat any of it, because I was tired and afraid I might overeat. So, then we went out to dinner and I had a small caesar salad with dressing on the side. My reward for being good? Sore legs from the workout I did yesterday and also today but I did hit 190.2 lbs today when I wasn't expecting to lose any weight. That is my goal weight for this month so I am pleased about it. I know that each day I win a struggle, like last night I am farther along than I was before, but no more cocktail parties for awhile for Kat. Okay, good, I feel better now.

No comments: