Tuesday, June 29, 2004

An extended and silly metaphor

So, I am posting rapidly today because I am still having internet problems and I am not sure how long my computer will be online. Today is my day off from working out which means I am eating a little bit less (basically no afternoon snack) and trying to be active in other ways like going up and down stairs a lot. Also, I finally got around to doing my laundry so I will have clean workout clothes for the rest of the week. My bruise while painful is not as spectacular as one might hope for, but it is definately visible on my leg. Really, nothing else exciting is going on, I am studying for this test I have to take at the end of July and being reminded of my former study habits. I always used to study with food in the immediate vicinity, usually candy and so mentally it is a little bit hard to do the work without giving into the desire to snack. So far, I haven't given in mostly but making sure my hands are occupied when I am working and also by staying away from my kitchen for the most part. Still, it is a struggle to not put my hand up to my mouth with food in it but I suppose in the end the truimph is winning this small battle. I don't think you ever win the war with food addiction totally, because it is a continuous series of small annoying skirmishes against the enemy, i.e. my inner fat girl, but you have to keep trying. Possibly I have now overextended this metaphor and should stop using it. So, I am not snacking and each time that I don't give in it gets a little bit easier, but it is probably always going to be a challenge for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It needn't be a lifelong struggle, Kat. But I'm glad that it's getting easier for you.