Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Fresh eggs

So, I have figured out my hard boiled egg dilema. One should boil the eggs when they are fresh. I know, I was shocked too by this little realization. Okay, not really and for the record I don't actually have rotting eggs sitting around my house that would be rather disgusting. Instead, I tend to purchase eggs, well okay my mother actually pays for the grocerys but anyway, and then not hard boil them for a week or so. This leads to the previously mentioned problem of having eggs that look like they have been attacked by mentally disturbed weasels (maybe I shouldn't insult weasels, they are probably better at peeling eggs than I seem to be most of the time). However, if I hardboil the eggs right away, the shells peel off with tremendous ease and speed. Note to self, hard boil eggs immediately from now on, it is a lot easier than getting out a pick axe to peel your egg in the morning.

No comments: