Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Shrinking marks

I have always had stretch marks from where I gained a lot of weight quickly, but now I am developing them in other places, under my arms, on one of my shoulders, and on my calves among other places. I mean it just seems wrong to develop stretch marks when you are not stretching but rather shrinking. Maybe it will help if I call them shrinking marks from now on in my head because frankly they are not very attractive, and I notice them every single day when I look in the miror. This should be a reminder of all the trauma I have put my body through with the extra weight that I have carried for so long. In other news, I may have to stop whining for awhile, I weighed in at 180.2 lbs today which means I have lost three pounds in the last week. Also, 180 or thereabouts was my goal for this month (My "weigh-loss months" end on the 22nd of each month because of when I came up with the initial goals for each month) so I really have no excuse for whining now. I am fine on food, today is my rest day so no exercise. I did have half a bag of popcorn for the first time in about a month and it was really wonderful which is probably a reminder that I need to shake up my diet every now and again so I don't get bored and want to cheat (not that I have even thought about cheating in a long time so maybe I shouldn't jinx myself on purpose).

No comments: