Friday, July 30, 2004

Not the average American woman anymore

I went shopping this morning after I worked out. All I am saying is that I bought a size 12 skirt at the Gap. Most American woman are a size 14 or above, but not me apparently.Now, it be must be noted that I am still pretty much a size 14 on top because I carry extra weight above my waistline that I am still working on getting rid of and that makes me a larger size. Still, I actually own a size 12 skirt that fits. I am debating going through my admittedly minimal closet again and putting away all the size 16's except for the jeans I still wear. Mostly it is a mental thing to not have anything in my closet that is bigger than the size I can currently wear on my body. That will probably be this afternoon's project because frankly I have nothing else I need to do right now. In particular I have some ridiculously large shirts that can be packed away because of their sentimental value. Oh, I did run this morning for 50 minutes, walked for 30, lifted weights, and worked my abs. Also, actually got real sleep which has substantially improved my mood since I am no longer exhausted, that along with lots of water was rather lacking in the last few days. Also, before I go and clean my room big cyber hugs to my friend and fellow blogger Rhonda who has been having a rough week. Reminds you that the whole weightloss thing is not the most important part of life.

4 comments:

punkindunkin said...

Don't "put away" the larger sizes of clothes. That only gives you the chance to go back to them. If you don't have any larger sizes in your closet, you will have motivation not to gain the weight back. I mean, how awful will it be to have to spend more money and go get a whole new bigger size wardrobe? That would totally suck! Throw those clothes away... better yet donate them to another needy person or give them to goodwill!

I am not going back to my larger sizes, EVER!

Catherine said...

Wow, a size 12! Kudos!! I got in the habit of buying clothes that were too big to begin with, so I wonder what size I actually am! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi K, Out surfing for information on skin boil & happened upon your site. While Not the average American woman anymore wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.

Anonymous said...

Hello K, been looking for the latest info on skin boils and found Not the average American woman anymore . Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.