Thursday, July 29, 2004

So I almost forgot about this thing that happened

The other thing I was going to write about tonight. This is what happens when you are really tired. Oh and I am planning on working out once I digest my meal but it is going to be really low key and I may just walk. Anyway, I got into a conversation this morning with another test taker about where we like to shop. We were attempting to distract ourselves, at least that is my excuse alright. It was odd, I mentioned where I shop, she suggested some other places and none of them were "fat girl" stores. In fact she wasn't surprised by where I shopped, it was just a regular conversation. I am not used to those yet, conversations where I am in the mainstream rather than out on the fringes. I still sort of expect someone to card me, revoke my membership in "normal" (if there is such a thing) American life. The more weight I lose, the more I pass as someone who fits in to society. More people talk to me, I feel less distanced and it is all very strange. I keep feeling like I should announce to people that I used to be really overweight, that I am still losing weight, that this is all new to me. I don't, it would be rather off putting I think, but it lingers in the back of my head. I'm not skinny yet, but I'm less glaringly overweight and I am just going to have to get used to it. Eventually this will be normal and I keep telling myself that quietly when I am in public.

No comments: