Monday, July 12, 2004

My unholy love for bananas

So, I eat at least one banana a day, because I dearly love them. Now, mind you, I don't love them enough to figure out if I am spelling the word "banana" correctly and I have a sneaking suspicion that I may be incorrect and there should be more n's somewhere in the word. Of course, I can't spell so I may in fact be spelling banana correctly and just not able to realize that fact. Anyway, I think when I realy began to like bananas was when I discovered how many ways you could eat them. First, is plain without any fancy stuff, just you and a a plain banana. Now, how you get the banana out of the peel is up to you (okay that sounds perverse but I honestly don't mean it that way so lets both get our minds out of the gutter immediately), my bro breaks them in half so you end up with two pieces of banana both still in the peel, don't ask me why, I'm just related him, how the brain works remains a wonderful mystery. Alternatively, you can eat bananas with other food, I used to love bananas with cheddar cheese although maybe that wasn't the healthiest plan. Bananas and peanut butter are also good (hey even Elvis liked that combination although come to think of it, he probably isn't the best weight loss role model), or bananas dipped in chocolate also yummy. Okay, it occurs to me that I am getting seriously away from good healthy ways to eat fruit and into the bad realm of fruit with lots of fattening things on it. My inner fat girl has been harrassing me lately and I am guessing she saw this as a good opportunity to make a reappearance. Anyway, my original point was that I love plain bananas (that is what I eat now) and they are a really good source of things like potassium. Bananas are good for you, plus it is a happy yellow fruit and what is not to like? Okay, just avoid the chocolate, peanut butter, cheese, and other desert options and eat a plain banana for a snack. It is a good plan and I am sticking to it, but I am at my banana quota for today so I won't be eating anymore until tomorrow, and I am having mine with out any frills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bananas are also good frozen. Peel, place in a covered container and freeze for about 2 hours. Tastes like ice cream. Super.