Friday, July 02, 2004

The revenge of the shopping mall

So, there is no better way to destroy a day where one is feeling rather thin that by trying on clothing. Wow, five seconds later you are convinced that you have gained a ton of weight and weigh 900 lbs. No worries, I am still a size 14 but stuff I was hoping would be loose on me isn't yet. On the flip side, I can zip and button up a pair of size 12 shorts although they are very tight and I look rather like a beached whale. Still, buttoning size 12 anything is not to be sneered at in my world. My grandparents are visiting so we took them to the mall and tried on a bunch of clothing although I didn't buy anything, see aforementioned beached whale syndrome. Anyway, I ran for 30 minutes today at a faster pace than normal and managed to run a mile in about 13:30 which is the first time I have broken 15 minutes. Also walked for 35 minutes and lifted weights. I am having a sneaking suspicion that I don't do lunges properly (which is one of the exercises I do on Fri.) and it is bugging me. This is one of the moments where I wish I had enough money to have a personal trainer who could check my form and see if I am doing them correctly. Then again, I may just be a perfectionist like my mother. I am on track with food today despite the bad food in the house (I haven't had any of it) so that is good and I should make it through dinner okay today. The rest of the weekend is a little bit more questionable, I will have to see what happens on Saturday and Sunday.

No comments: