Sunday, July 04, 2004

Independence Day

So, I have officially survived the 4th of July. I did about 30 stairs at the stadium today, although it really was horrible because I have a cold and can't breathe out of my nose at all. Large amounts of cardio which require the ability to breathe are a lot harder when you basically have to continuously pant through your mouth. Who knew? Okay, maybe that should have been a no brainer. Anyway, I had my regular breakfast, a couple smallish pieces of steak for lunch, a bratwurst with some ketchup and mustard and some beans and coleslaw for dinner. Also, my regular cup of coffee, a lot of water, and a margarita (which was my treat) for drinks. I managed to entirely avoid the deviled eggs, guacamole, bread, homemade ice cream, and cake. I am especially impressed that I avoided the ice cream because I helped make it and I didn't taste any of it. I hear however that it was excellent. Large parties with lots of food are real torture for me, I end up having long conversations with my stomach about how I don't get to have one deviled egg because I decided at an earlier date that I wasn't eating any appetizers. My stomach thinks that I'm an idiot and must be convinced to eat the yummy food. Fortunately, so far, my brain and I are winning the argument which is a new and novel experience. Right now, I am just glad it is over and I can go back to my regular food tomorrow. No more parties until at least next weekend.

No comments: