Saturday, July 03, 2004

Paying it forward

Just as a concept wouldn't it be nice if you could bank your workouts. Like workout really hard for a month and do two workouts a day and then transfer the second workout each day to the next month and take it off. Ahh, if only that would work, but it doesn't for me. I was thinking about such a concept this morning while I was climbing ridiculous numbers of stairs. It was especially tempting because I have developed a horrible sore throat and so didn't get very much sleep last night. Lots of exercise on not a lot of sleep is not a good idea, I don't recommend it to anyone. Unfortunately, a sore throat does not qualify as a reason to not workout especially when it is a party weekend like the 4th of July. If anything, I need to do more working out to burn off any extra calories that I consume in the next day or so. So far, I am on plan with two more parties to go before the end of the weekend. In terms of weight, I hit 185.4 lbs this morning and I am good with that as a number, I would be better with 185 even but that will come in the next few days. Interestingly, I discovered last night that ice cream (which the grandparents were eating) doesn't really tempt me like it used to do in the past. I say that now but I am sure that my mom's homemade ice cream tomorrow will be very difficult to resist. I am going to do so though, because I am saving any extra calories I have to spare for a margarita or possibly two if I really go wild. Anyway, two more parties and I will have survived the weekend, I think that will be my mantra for today.

No comments: