Monday, July 05, 2004

Strawberries are yummy

So, I just ate a strawberry, yes just one singular strawberry, and I was contemplating their yumminess factor. I mean, they are kind of cool looking to begin with, from the color to the little seeds all over the surface. Plus, strawberries are one of those nice fruit which don't need to be peeled and they have the nifty green holders (okay normal people would call those stems, I do realize that) which are a plus. Okay, so I have a tendency of dropping strawberries on my shirt which is messy and then you have to explain your inability to actually get a simple small piece of fruit into your mouth which is always rather embarassing. However, the juicy goodness that is a ripe strawberry really makes up for these sorts of problems. Of course, in my pre workout and weight loss days, my favorite way to eat strawberries involved dipping them into sour cream and then brown sugar (here the nifty green holder was especially useful) so I have been forced to retrain myself to simply appreciate the unadulterated sweet taste of a good ripe strawberry. Really, good strawberries don't require any adornment and can always be enjoyed on their own merits. Now that, is one self-confident fruit in my book and I think I shall have several more with dinner. I will attempt to not splatter fruit all over myself but the strawberries may get the best of me.

No comments: