Saturday, July 24, 2004

Sometimes you have to remind yourself

About where you have been, where you are going and why it is worthwhile. I was rereading some old entries trying to get some motivation to post something and I realized how far I have come recently. On May 27th I weighed in at 199 lbs, today July 24 I weighed in at 178.6 lbs which is more or less a 20 pound loss in two months. This means if my body cooperates (and it doesn't always) at the end of September I could weigh in at 158.6 and by the begining of next year I could be close to goal weight. Of course, this rose-colored glasses view requires me to sail through both Thanksgiving and Christmas unscathed by overeating but hopefully I can make that happen by careful planning. Since I still see things that I want to change on myself in spades, I forget that at the begining of this year I was 63 pounds heavier and that in fact I haven't been anywhere near this weight since the summer before I started college which was a long time ago. I think in losing weight it is really easy to get tunnel vision and only see the goal and forget the past and how far you have traveled. I have to reread old journals to remind myself and I keep pictures around of who I used to be so that I can avoid becoming that girl again. So far, it is working which is really good news. In other happenings, I managed 33 sets of stadium stairs today before my knee started acting up and I am aiming for the whole stadium tomorrow (now I really have to try and do that since I said it out loud). Food is fine, and I am off to study some more. I take my freaking huge test from tuesday through thursday of this week and then I will finally be done and can actually start having a life again, I am really looking forward to that eventuality.

No comments: