Monday, July 19, 2004

Once you emerge from the plateau there are mountains to climb

So, my body decided this morning that it was finally ready to move on from 182, at least for today. I weighed in at 181.2 for the day. Alrighty then, apparently I am starting to emerge from my most recent plateau, which means that now I only have 59.2 more pounds to lose. That is a lot, I equate it to wandering along in a meadow that you cannot quite figure out how to leave and suddenly you find the path and realize it is uphill through a very steep mountain pass. There is no downhill on the weightloss journey, there are just brief areas of level ground and you have to keep walking onward regardless of whether or not you are tired of the trip. Okay, enough with the painful metaphors, I will now move on with my life. So, after weighing myself, I went and ran for 45 minutes on the treadmill, walked for 30 minutes, lifted weights for 30 minutes and did my ab workout. Fortunately, I get to take tomorrow off and sleep in a little bit which will be nice. Other than that, my day has been quiet and on plan with food.

No comments: