Thursday, August 12, 2004

Another day, another workout

Today I actually woke up a little late and started working out a little bit late. Then I got multiple phone calls while I was trying to run on the treadmill, the first one was about 15 minutes in and the second one was at about 25 minutes in to my run. However, I got back on the treadmill both times and started running again, so I managed to run for 60 minutes total today. After that I walked for an hour on the treadmill and then I walked into town with some family friends for lunch. I figure the walk into town from my house and then back again was about an hour total, 30 minutes in and 30 minutes back. I only had a salad for lunch and didn't eat all of it, there was a little bit too much dressing on it overall. The salad had walnuts and apples in it but no meat so I may end up starving later I am not really sure that it was enough food given all the exercise. However, I am not hungry right now so I am going to try and hold out to my regularly scheduled afternoon snack and see if I end up starving before then due to lack of protein. Anyway, at least I worked out, given all the distractions I was tempted to quit for a bit but I didn't want to slack on my cardio since I am now up to running at a pace of 4.8 mph, I would really like to be running a 10 minute mile in the next month or so because I may be running in a 5K and I would like to be able to run 3.1 miles in less than 40 minutes which is my current pace. So, that is one of my new exercise goals, speed up the running pace and generally increase the cardio difficulty over the next month. We shall just have to see what happens over the next few weeks.

No comments: