Saturday, August 28, 2004

Oh so hot

The last two days have been really warm, I think we are finally experiencing a late August heat wave. It was so hot yesterday evening that I couldn't make myself walk for an hour on the treadmill but I think I made up for it today by doing the entire stadium in the heat and hot sun. I actually ran out of water (which is unusual) prior to finishing and the only think that saved me was the fact the last four sets of stairs were in the shade. I also went shopping with my mom for a dress to wear to my cousin's wedding next weekend. I found a nice simple black dress at Talbots, I will probably wear bright pink shoes with it to make it more interesting. I did have to buy a piece of shapewear to help smooth out my stomach and the roll above my waist which is hanging on to my body with a fierce and unrelenting determination. I think I may actually have more fat rolls right now than I did 75 pounds ago because I am no longer one big round lump around my midsection. I figure that either the rolls will eventually go away as I lose the rest of the weight or I will deal with them surgically once I have reached and maintained my goal weight. Either way, I look so much better now that I refuse to worry about a few rolls around my midsection even if they show up in pictures. Of course, I may just be feeling cocky today because I saw someone who hadn't seen me in a long time and she was stunned by the amount of weight I had lost. However, really I think that I just don't care anymore and that is a good and healthy place to be in terms of my appearance, right now it is all about my long term health and being really active for the future.

No comments: