Friday, August 27, 2004

My new discovery

So, in the time I was gone I didn't get a chance to mention my new favorite food. Frozen bananas, no really frozen bananas are great. Also, they are simple to prepare, just peel a banana and put it in your freezer for a couple of hours (please note that peeling the banana is essential because otherwise you have to take off a frozen peel with a knife and that leads to both cold hands and possibly self-inflicted knife wounds which is not a good outcome). Presto, one very good frozen snack which is all creamy and delicious. I admit that this is an idea lots of other people have had and I am probably leaping on the bandwagon late in the day. However, I was so impressed with my first frozen banana snack that I had a minor freakout where I was convinced I was eating some kind of 900 calorie desert extravaganza. Fortunately, shortly thereafter I came to my senses and realized that in fact I had just eating a single banana which is one of my standard afternoon snacks and it was the fact that it was frozen which made it especially good as opposed to a high calorie count. I may try to expand the experience into other frozen fruits but I am not sure that they will have the creamy goodness of a banana when frozen, I will have to see what I think and then report back.

2 comments:

Joann said...

Sounds good the banana. Check in with you againn.

Cat said...

mmm sounds good. frozen blueberries are also quite nice alone or mixed with lowfat plain yoghurt if you're looking for a more substantial snack. yumyum, im definitely going to try the frozen banana :)