Thursday, August 19, 2004

Increasing the pace yet again

I worked out this morning by running for 60 minutes and walking for 60 minutes. I ran at a pace of 4.9 mph for the first 30 minutes and then at a pace of 5.0 mph for the second 30 minutes. I also increased my walking pace slightly which was good. However, I did underestimate the amount of water I needed while exercising so I have already had two huge glasses of water since I got off the treadmill. I am still firmly in the 160's, I was at 169.2 today which is down and that is a good sign. Also, I am a lot less tired from working out this week then I was last week which means I am adjusting to the new speed that I am running at which is nice. However, that does mean that in about a week I will have to increase the difficulty of my cardio yet again so that I am still really working hard. There is always something to work on in my exercise routine and I suppose that ultimately that prevents me from getting bored, or then again I don't get bored because I expect the workouts to be rather dull and I am prepared for that fact. Anyway, still on track with everything for today.

No comments: