Saturday, August 21, 2004

The Big Green Egg

So, my brother and sister-in-law were down for dinner last night which was fun and I was totally okay on food. I even somehow resisted chips and margaritas, although now it looks like I may be going out to dinner tonight so I will have to be good for two days in a row. Anyway, we gave our parents their presents last night and my father got a Big Green Egg so now we can really smoke food, my brother and I are rather excited about this prospect since parental cooking is always a good thing in this family. We actually spent this afternoon assembling it since the Big Green Egg was rather more complicated to put together than one might have anticipated. There were multiple parts and diagrams which is impressive given that it is basically a big ceramic pot that one smokes meats in or uses to grill items. Thus, I have completely messed up my food schedule for the day, for the second day in a row I more or less completely missed lunch. Yesterday I had some fruit because I wasn't hungry and today by the time I realized I had missed lunch it was after 3 pm in the afternoon. The hazards of having fun with a Big Green Egg will get you every single time. Anyway, this is especially impressive since we did the entire stadium this morning over the course of about two hours so you would think hunger pains would have kicked in at some point and reminded me that I need to eat. Clearly, you would be wrong about this since I am still not particularly hungry now that I have realized I have missed lunch. I am however going to go eat something so that I am not starving at dinner and eating everything in sight. I should probably go and do that now.

No comments: