Wednesday, August 11, 2004

So about the comments I never respond to

I really mean to respond to the comments but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Bad Kat, I must work on that with more fervor in the future. However, for the record I don't actually run the stadium stairs as I may have accidentally suggested(I'm not in that kind of physical shape). I just walk up and down them very slowly and pant a lot, occasionally I come up with fun ways of torturing myself which would be better than climbing stadium stairs. If I could actually run the stairs it probably wouldn't take me a little over two hours ever time that I go to the stadium. Anyway, I workout a lot right now because I have time to work out a lot, and frankly I have just gotten used to working out this much. I think the body adjusts nicely to however much stress you put it under provided that you work up to it. Wow, that sentence is incoherent even for me. Anyway, what I meant to say (and this would have all been much faster if I had said this initially) is that I didn't start out doing this much exercise. I started with walking pretty slowly and using an eliptical for no more than an hour each day and no real free weights (those came much later). Oh, and for the record I am not currently motivated in anyway to do any of this, it is just habit at this point and I would feel incredibly guilty if I didn't get up and workout every morning. Frankly, I feel guilty on the day I take off, because I am so used to getting up and working out. So, no motivation whatesoever, just force of habit and fear that I will slip and gain weight back which is never going to happen if I have to run all day every day for the rest of my life. So, I am frankly impressed that my current lack of motivation is translating to motivating other people, very cool indeed. Although, to get back to where my post sort of started I am very inspired and grateful for the comments of everyone who writes here, even if I completely lack the ability to respond but frankly I am the girl who forgets to answer her own e-mail. I'm pretty much an equal opportunity slacker when it comes to my internet and personal correspondence (just ask my long time friends who I haven't e-mailed back yet). So, in a completely incoherent and rambling fashion, thanks for reading and know that I do read my comments and love them even if I don't always respond.

No comments: